Sunday, October 23, 2011

WILL RELIGION DOOM ROMNEY?

There was a very interesting article on Time.com that carried a similar title. I found the article to be very sympathetic to the interests of President Obama and biased against Mitt Romney. Take a look for yourself. I believe an attempt is being made to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the electorate.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/10/14/will-evangelicals-doom-romney/

I think this is an effort to divide and conquer the Republican candidates leading up to the 2012 election. Let’s be clear, I do not have any idea at this time as to who I will vote for in the Indiana primary or the next General Election, but I do know I will NOT vote for Obama. Our current president promised one thing to get elected, and then executed a totally different agenda.

I thought this country was founded on the belief that people should not be persecuted for their religious persuasions; apparently not. We now have Mr. Obama, who is ½ Caucasian, was raised by his Caucasian grandparents, only refers to himself as black, and spent a few years at an Islamic grade school, and often very subtlety plays the race-card.

Politics is obviously a dirty game, and it has been such for decades dating back to the foundation of this country. We have elected Christian presidents drawing from many Protestant religions and even Catholicism when we were told that would never happen. We have a president who is perceived as a man of color, with an exposure to Islam in his formative years. Now the Liberal Left is suggesting we cannot or should not elect a Mormon. Are you kidding me?

I find that totally against what this nation’s founders believed. That thought represents religious and racial bigotry. My wife and I have had the experience of living for a several years in communities where a fair number of local citizens were Mormons. I hired some excellent people who I happened to learn later were Mormon. We were treated with personal and religious respect. Their religion was never once pressed upon us.

We are electing the president of a country founded on religious freedom with a very sound Christian footing. Stop the divisiveness and let us judge the individuals upon their ability and qualifications to be our leader.

I do not believe for one minute that if Mitt Romney were elected as our president he would impose his religious beliefs upon any citizen of this country. I believe him to be an honest individual of high business and political achievement and qualified along with many other individuals in the race to be president, such as Herman Cain, who happens to be a 100% American of African decent.

Apparently the Democrat Party is really worried about the strength of Mitt Romney when the likes of liberal comedian Bill Mahr and New York Times flame-thrower Maureen Dowd attack him with vicious commentaries. Politics is not for the weak of heart.

It is time to elect a President and remember we are not appointing a Pope. Stop this foolishness and divisive distraction of vicious opposition Party rumor–mongers and religious bigots.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: