Monday, October 17, 2011

GEN PETRAEUS RETIREMENT EDITORIAL

Recently I sent a copy of a recent Washington Times editorial to many of my friends addressing the recent retirement of General David H. Petraeus from active-duty service in the U.S. Army. I received a substantial response with a wide array of favorable comments. As a result, I want to share this important editorial with a wider audience and thus I am presenting the attached link to the editorial for your review.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/1/an-old-soldier-who-wont-fade-away/

General Petraeus is one of our most accomplished General Officers, and has served his country as few others have ever done since our country’s founding. We owe this man a great deal and I am certain he has much to further contribute to our country in the years ahead.

For the record I totally agree with the thrust of the Times editorial and I want to share one of the responses I received from one of my email recipients:

“The king never acknowledges the knight who might be king.” (I do not know the origin of my friend’s line.)

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: