Friday, November 11, 2011

SALUTE TO ALL AMERICAN MILITARY VETERANS

Today I stand to salute my beautiful American flag, and all fellow veterans of military service to the United States of America. November 11th has been a day that has been important to me since I was a small boy, because my father was a proud Captain with the Illinois National Guard’s 122nd Mounted Field Artillery Battalion, and he taught me the importance of service to our country.

I am also proud of my service as a Staff Sergeant in the Regular Air Force serving four years with postings in Texas, California and Korea. Looking back I view that period of time as one of my proudest accomplishments, and I would gladly do it all over again if given the chance.

I was fortunate to come home healthy, but many gave their lives and others returned gravely scarred for the remainder of their lives. It is my belief that few, if any, veterans expect your sympathy or a hand-out, but we do appreciate the fact that our fellow American citizens acknowledge the service we rendered.

The challenges facing our country are great and our military will no doubt be called upon again in the future to protect and serve our country. Please remember to continue supporting all members of our military and provide them with the necessary tools to accomplish their dangerous and difficult missions all around the world.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: