Wednesday, November 30, 2011

OCCUPY POSTER OF THE DAY

In my email today I received a wonderful example of the shallow misdirected foolishness that permeates the Occupy Wall Street Movement. A young woman at the OWS site in New York was holding a sign (to the best of my knowledge the sign was not photo shopped). It said:

$96,000 for a BA in Hispanic transgender gay & lesbian studies and I can’t find work!

Now I ask you, why do you suppose she can’t find a job? Let us start by questioning why the school even offered such a degree, and why the guidance counselor suggested or permitted this course of study, and why a bank would approve the accompanying loans for this particular student when there were few if any jobs in this course of study? It is apparent that our universities and colleges are not serving their students’ best interests, but presenting courses that support politically correct or politically sympathetic agendas of the facility.

This demonstrator should be holding up that sign in front of the university or college she attended asking the same question of them. Maybe they should hire her, but that action would end up costing the American taxpayers to support another scholastic program that leads to nowhere.

I suspect this misguided young adult is only qualified to open a coffee shop for Hispanic transgender gay & lesbian students, but little else. I think I am having another Howard Beale moment…”I’M MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!”

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: