Wednesday, September 28, 2011

THE FINANCIAL MESS IN US AND EUROPE

I suspect that some of my readers feel I too frequently recommend the commentaries of Professor Walter E. Williams, but when I read his work it is so impressive that I feel compelled to share his thoughts with you. One of the things that impress me the most is his ability to define and suggest solutions to extremely complicated issues.

Here is a link to one of Williams’ most recent articles addressing our dependency on government handouts:

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2011/09/28/the_financial_mess_in_the_us_and_europe/page/full/

Another impressive thing about Williams’ discussion of various issues is the fact that he never complains about his personal struggle to climb out of government supported housing into a life of success as a Distinguished Professor of Economics at the George Mason University. When I compare the remarks of Williams to the likes of publicity seeking voices such as Rev. Jesse Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton there is just no comparison to value returned to the recipient. Williams is a giver and the others are takers and opportunists.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: