Saturday, September 24, 2011

DeANGELO HALL'S QB TARGET

At an AOL “News Window” I clicked on an alarming Associated Press article stating that Washington Redskins defensive corner-back DeAngelo Hall says he’ll target Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo’s ribs. Personally, I find this statement to be most alarming and disturbing.

On the chance you have not seen the article here is a link:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-09-21/redskins-cb-deangelo-hall-says-hell-target-tony-romos-ribs?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk2%7C97930

We all know that football is a very physical and sometimes a sadly violent game. Injuries are frequent, but to vocally and purposely target an opponent like that is far beyond my comprehension. Hopefully, Commissioner Roger Goodell of the NFL will issue a very strong statement regarding this kind of pre-game trash talk and punish Hall with suspension or serious financial penalty. If I were me I would certainly suspend Hall for several games without pay.

Let’s face it, at the professional level football is a business built around a game…just like baseball, basketball, hockey, etc., but action such as suggested by the Redskins’ Hall places him in the thug category as far as I am concerned.

The owner of the Washington Redskins should have a long talk with this young man about winning WITH sportsmanship period. Trying to get an upper hand against an opponent is one thing… threatening injury in a media open statement is quite another.

DeAngelo Hall has crossed a professional line. In my opinion, inexcusable!

Your Commander will be watching the Dallas vs. Washington game tomorrow and will root for a Cowboy win in memory of my grandson Robbie and his favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: