Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MY WINDOW TO THE WORLD

As many of you know I have been writing a blog for almost four years now, and it has been a wonderful experience for me as I continue my senior citizen journey. Hopefully that adventure will have years to go, and in the meantime I am having the time of my life with the blog.

Recently my worthy Editor, who really cleans up a bunch of errors, had great difficulty posting to blogspot without the material being grouped into one long paragraph. During the search for a solution she found a wonderful source of information that has been accumulating within my blogspot domain since it started.

While my non-profit site is a small one compared with many others in existence, which is the way I like it. It is logical to learn that the most views to frobertsworld come from the United States, however, I was amazed to learn that page views are emanating from South Korea, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, France, China, Germany and Luxembourg in that order.

There is information available that specifies the time of day, the days of the week, and the months of the year when the postings are viewed. I can even see referring URL’s (the referral sites) and search keywords. I found it significant to learn which postings and subjects ranked highest in readership. Number one was the January 2, 2011 essay titled Immigration and Border Security.

I found the data provided most interesting, and hope it helps me to improve the essays and topics. It also reinforces to me the importance of the internet in expanding our knowledge and understanding of the wonderful world we share. My goal has always been to simply express my opinion, as well as sharing those of others, on the vital issues of the day in a civil manner while respecting opinions that may differ. At my advanced age I do not have time to be fawningly diplomatic.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: