Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BOOK REVIEW - THE FAITHFUL SPY

First permit me to correct a statement in my February 21st book review of Alex Berenson’s wonderful book THE SILENT MAN. At that time I reported that I was downloading Alex’s new book THE SILENT SOLDIER into my Kindle, but I changed my mind and decided to load Berenson’s very first novel THE FAITHFUL SPY. In view of the fact that there are five Berenson books thus far I thought it would be a good idea to start back with his first novel and work myself forward.

I am glad that I went back to read THE FAITHFUL SPY, because it was awarded the 2007 Edgar Award as “best first novel.” Again, Berenson has delivered a work with magnificent research and character development. The action/adventure is high pitched from the first page to the last, and I am anxious to read his second work THE GHOST WAR, which I will follow with THE MIDNIGHT HOUSE and then his latest release THE SILENT SOLDIER, which is currently listed #8 on Publishers Weekly bestseller list.

I believe that Berenson has really found a way to accurately relate the depth of the Islamic terrorist threat to our government and the American way of life. Although this is fiction, again and again it is clear that our enemies have great patience in attaining their goals, and they are taking advantage of the fact that patience is one trait that is extremely short in our country. We Americans repeatedly want quick action and immediate solutions to our core problems, which in reality are not realistic or practical. Patience is a virtue which we do not possess, and that acts to our country’s detriment.

I am delighted to add Berenson’s name to my list of favorite novelists. I plan to read everything he writes, and I urge you to do the same.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: