Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BIRTHDAYS ARE GOOD

When you consider the alternative, any birthday is a very good thing, especially when you are pressing 80. That being the case I have just experienced a very rewarding day with the love and affection of a great wife, her family, two great children and three happy achieving grandchildren.

Aside from the normal maladies that confront one my age, all is well and I consider myself to have been most fortunate. I will always be saddened by the loss of our wonderful first grandchild Robert who suffered unimaginable health issues and died at age 24. Life sometimes is certainly not fair.

As part of my birthday I received a great card from my sister-in-law and her husband which I want to share with you.

"SENIOR BIRTHDAY PRAYER

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into ones I do…and the eyesight to tell the difference."


One of the wonderful things about the blessing of old age is the striking difference in one’s perspective now compared to that of a naïve youth.
Life is good, so appreciate every day the good Lord grants you on this magnificent planet.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: