Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HOW DID HE PULL OFF ELECTION?

Every since the last national election I have been pondering just how did a candidate with little or no business or leadership experience win the Presidency of the United States. Earlier I have suggested that the election was the work of a very effective advertising campaign, and I am more convinced than ever before that I am correct in that conclusion.

Recently I read some extremely interesting facts about the often quoted Greek philosopher, Aristotle, who lived from 384 B.C. to 322 B.C. He was a student of Plato and a teacher of Alexander the Great. His writings were the early creation of a comprehensive system of Western philosophy, covering morality and aesthetics, logic and science, politics and metaphysics.

One of Aristotle’s many sound quotes struck my eye and I suggest that it may have been an important part of the successful campaign strategy of Obama and his election advisors that led to his victory. Knowing that research has proven that Obama’s ability to attract a huge following and vote from the youth of America, I suggest that someone on his campaign staff studied Aristotle. Since HOPE AND CHANGE were essential ingredients in his campaign, just consider Aristotle’s words…

"Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope."

One must wonder how the young adults of today will like HOPE AND CHANGE as they grow older and have to pay the tax burden placed on their generation and that of their children.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: