Sunday, May 15, 2011

INTERNET - MY WINDOW TO THE WORLD

Every morning I am eager to get to my computer and get involved in what is happening around the world. It has been my experience since retiring some twelve years ago that my interaction with the computer has been a very positive influence to my mindset and overall health.

Back in 2008 I created a blog on the Google based blogspot.com site and since that time my little non-commercial operation has posted 708 different commentaries addressing a wide array of matters. It has always been my purpose to honestly express my personal opinion on current events, and the ever-changing political landscape. Little did I know that my intentional provoking efforts would receive worldwide exposure.

My blog includes statistical background data maintained by Google that indicates that my site has received views not only in the United States but as far away as South Korea, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, France, Germany, Singapore, and China. In the last month alone it has reached beyond the USA to Iran, Slovenia, Singapore, India, Germany, Russia, Canada, Georgia, Guyana, and Albania.

When I started, if anyone had told me that the internet would expose my writing around the world, I would have suggested that they needed medical intervention.

As I have stated on previous occasions, it is my intent to raise various issues to the attention of my readers and to provoke their investigation into the facts and their influence in our daily lives. As a provocateur I want the issues aired and the truth understood by all. Most importantly I want it clearly known that I do not ask anyone to agree with me, but for you to draw your own conclusions to issues addressed. Knowledge is power and we each can greatly influence the course of our individual governments’ policies and actions. If you have the privilege to vote, be certain to do so.

Unfortunately our major news outlets are not fully airing the issues, and in all too many cases they are reporting bias positions, thus their audiences are underserved. Thanks for checking out my little site and for having the foresight to consider all sides of our world’s pressing problems. Admittedly, your Commander has his own bias positions but if I get you thinking about various matters, I have succeeded in my original goal.

If you study our world’s history, secure as much education as possible, and always seek the truth, you will rarely stray from a beneficial course to achieving the wonderful fruits of a life well lived.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: