Saturday, December 17, 2011

LESS STUFF, MORE HAPPINESS

With each passing year I look around the house and wonder how we ever accumulated all the ‘STUFF.’ I then ask myself why we don’t weed out the things we never utilize. You know what I am going to say next don’t you? We just never seem to get around to it.

While working on the internet today I ran across an article that includes a short video presentation by Graham Hill, who edits a web project titled Treehugger.com. Normally that title alone would send me running, but I suggest you might find the video appropriate and worth some consideration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/09/life-editing_n_1138817.html?1323446551&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk2%7C118911

Now don’t worry I am not going to sell my home, but I may just be motivated to finally get rid of some of the stuff that could benefit someone who is in real need of a helping hand. As you know from reading my work I am far from being anyone associated with tree huggers, but Hill makes a sound point. Hell, I would have some difficulty living alone in a 420 square foot apartment let alone share it with my wife.

As the Christmas season approaches this could be a good time to send some items to the Goodwill, Salvation Army and/or Catholic Charities. I guarantee if we all did just that we would all feel much better, and fulfill the message of Christmas in a beneficial way by sharing our bounty.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: