Sunday, December 11, 2011

THE 'GREEN' DEBATE ON CHRISTMAS TREES

Reading The Washington Post over the weekend I ran across an article by Darryl Fears and Robert Samuels raising a debate about whether we should purchase a live tree or an artificial tree this Christmas season. If you’re interested here is the link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/the-green-debate-on-christmas-trees-fresh-vs-fake/2011/12/07/gIQAk3mLjO_print.html

I do not know about your priority concerns, but I guarantee you that having a fake or live tree this Christmas is not high on my list of pressing issues of the day. For the record we now have a fake tree because it is much easier for my wife to manage, but I have absolutely no problem with individuals enjoying the smell of a live tree. We have enjoyed live trees over the years, but I must admit they can be a mess and the removal after the big day can be a hassle.

With all the significant economic problems facing our nation, the debate of a live or fake tree seems petty to this observer. Apparently the day The Washington Post assignment editor told Fears and Samuels to write this story it was a slow news day in our capitol city.

Whatever tree you trim this Christmas I hope you have a joyful day, and remember the story of Christmas. Oh, and don’t sweat the small stuff.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: