Sunday, February 13, 2011

A FRESH APPROACH TO WELFARE

I recently received an email that contained the following. You may have already seen it, but your Commander thinks that it is worth posting for those who have not. Unfortunately, I do not know who originally wrote this.

I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

ln order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test. (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don’t have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question:

Shouldn’t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt – doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program
“URINE OR YOU’RE OUT!”

P.S. Just a thought, but all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!

I enjoyed the concept expressed and hope you did, too. Do you think this could actually happen? I sure hope so!

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: