Thursday, November 25, 2010

THE GREAT GAME IMPOSTER

Your Commander recognizes that the days and years are passing at light speed as I move through my 79th year, and I must admit that I am finding that I agree in greater frequency with authors’ opinions that I once despised. I do not know if I am getting smarter or just accepting other opinions with a more open, yet old, brain. Be that as it may, I want to draw your attention to a very provocative article written by the “mean one” Maureen Dowd of the New York Times.

Take a few of your valuable minutes on this Thanksgiving Day and read this link to her column:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/opinion/24dowd.html?_r=1&ref=homepage&src=me&pagewanted=print

Is that not a tragic situation that confronts each and every one of us? After all the years of fighting and all the billions of precious dollars spent we are ending up dealing with imposters! What must the mothers, fathers, and the immediate family members of all our brave fighting women and men who gave their lives in Afghanistan think about this development?

Someone or somebody has got to get their hands around this tragic situation and do it ASAP. We owe it to each and every one of our troops serving in that pesthole of the world to get this situation drawn to a close. It is no longer a matter of winning or losing, it is time to get the hell out of Afghanistan and let those maniacs kill each other just as they have done for hundreds of years. Whatever the answer is it will not be satisfactory, but it is now far past the time to prove to the world that while we, too, make mistakes, we are not damn fools.

Thanks to Maureen Dowd for telling it like it is, and hopefully someone will come up with an answer, so we can put this painful chapter in our history to a close before one more drop of precious blood falls.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: