Sunday, November 7, 2010

BARACK OBAMA, PHONE HOME

Your Commander is a daily viewer of The New York Times free online edition and it was there that I found a wonderful article written by Frank Rich, whose liberal comments frequently appear in that paper. I must admit that I am too cheap to pay for the online edition or the hard copy of the Times, so I take advantage of the free offering, because I am certain they will be restricting access in the near future.

Be that as it may, I will confess that when I read Rich’s article I had a total epiphany, because I have rarely read anything he wrote that I found rendered agreement. In an effort to guarantee I really had an epiphany, I checked the dictionary and it reported the definition to be “a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.”

Should you have missed seeing The New York Times this Sunday or if you, too, infrequently agree with Rich’s political persuasions here is a link to the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/opinion/07rich.html?src=me&ref=homepage

Ok, now that you have read the article I feel certain there are few who can disagree with Rich’s suggestions whether you are a liberal, conservative or somewhere in between. Both parties better get together and bury the hatchets or our country’s problems will continue to spiral out of control. If the members of all the political parties permit that to happen we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

The electorate has recently spoken sending a clear strong message calling for a fiscally sound change in the direction of our leadership, so everyone better start listening rather than feathering their personal nests and egos.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: