Sunday, January 31, 2010

MARK TWAIN - LEARN MORE

I recently ran across a comment attributed to Mark Twain, which caught my eye. “If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.”

That statement is typical of this noted author/humorist who graced our landscape from 1835 to 1910. While I remember reading his famous Huckleberry Finn and the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, I was intrigued to learn more about this legendary American figure. I suggest you do as I did and take a look at the voluminous information contained in the Wikipedia report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Twain

If you are opposed to killing trees, as I am, or are just cheap, I suggest you read the details on your computer rather than printing all 23 pages of Twain’s very remarkable background story. He actually predicted his death, and it occurred just as he envisioned.

Hopefully, you will enjoy this read as much as your Commander.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: