Saturday, April 4, 2009

ANOTHER GREAT READ

Recently I reported that I had ordered two books from Amazon, namely CORSAIR and LIBERTY AND TYRANNY. Well they arrived; I opened CORSAIR first and could not put it down.

First of all, make me a promise that if you read CORSAIR you won’t peek and read the closing chapter or the Epilogue until you have read the entire book, because you will spoil your enjoyment of the author’s wonderful work.

CORSAIR is the fourth in the Oregon Files series jointly written by Clive Cussler and Jack Du Brul, and I consider it their very best collaboration. From page one until the final page there is outstanding research, action, adventure, historical intertwinement, and a conclusion that is simply marvelous. The authors masterfully address the intensity of the forces working against our democracy, religious freedom, and the American way of life. Recognizing the fact that CORSAIR is a work of fiction, it clearly draws attention to a subject that is receiving insufficient consideration from our innocent pacifist leadership.

It only took me two days to absorb this Action/Adventure thriller. Your Commander is sure you will love CORSAIR, as he did, and you will be recommending the book to your friends, too.

Now I have moved on to LIBERTY AND TYRANNY by Mark R. Levin, but I suspect it will take me far greater time to absorb its contents as it is a more studious work.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: