Friday, April 1, 2011

HOUSE ETHICS COMMITTEE STINKS

When I read the March 15th on-line edition of the Washington Post I was shocked, but not surprised, to learn of yet another example of fiscal waste and corruption in the House of Representatives Ethics Committee. Take a look at the R. Jeffrey Smith article outlining the appalling action that took place under the ex-Chairwomanship of Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) to delay the investigation into highly questionable actions of fellow Californian Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-ethics-chair-blasts-predecessor-on-idling-of-lawyers-in-waters-probe/2011/03/14/ABWZVqV_print.html

The story told of one disgusting politically motivated action after another concerning Maxine Waters and the Ethics Committee case against her. No hearing occurred against Rep. Waters and her accused ethic violations have been written off as political clout or permitted abuse of power.

When will someone step forward and hold politicians (Republicans and Democrats) responsible for their actions, inactions, and questionable decisions? Until some accountability is ordered to rid our government of corrupt complicity we cannot expect to get effective and honest governance. We elect these crooks, so I guess we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Thank heavens I do not live in Rep. Waters’ district…but I wouldn’t have ever voted for her in the first place. I believe I am an informed voter and value my elective decisions…and I hope you are, too.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: