Thursday, December 30, 2010

HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR

This past Christmas was one of the best your Commander has experienced for a long time, because my two children and one of our three living grandchildren (we lost our oldest grandchild, Robbie, 5 years ago) were able to spend time with us on the 26th. We have not had a Christmas holiday like this one for several decades, because jobs, distance, young children, etc. prohibited the joint gathering.

My children know just how much I enjoy reading, and they blessed me again with gift cards from Barnes and Noble, which I have already put to very good use. In the weeks ahead I will be reporting on Brad Thor’s FOREIGN INFLUENCE, Alex Berenson’s THE SILENT MAN, Steve Martini’s GUARDIAN OF LIES, and Jack Higgins’ A DARKER PLACE.

I also picked up a revised and updated edition of William J. Bennett and John T.E. Cribb’s THE AMERICAN PATRIOT’S ALMANAC, which I read each morning. If you have not checked this book out you should and I think you will love it as much as I do.

This is the 290th posting of 2010, which represents the all time high for a 12 month period, and special thanks are due to my excellent Editor and all of you who check in to read.

Finally, since this is the final posting for 2010, I wish each and every one of you a very Happy & Healthy New Year. We must work toward finding Peace and Good Will for all in 2011. We just cannot continue to kill one another, but realistically we also must remain steadfast in standing up firmly against those who are intent upon bringing ill to our wonderful and precious Land of the Free and Home of the Brave!

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: