Thursday, November 5, 2009

MORE READING RECOMMENDATIONS

While my worthy Editor was recently basking in the sun on Marco Island while attending a seminar with her friends in an investment group, I slaved away catching up on reading. Lately I have been bouncing between several different books, something I find easier to do than one might suspect.

Jon Meacham’s very detailed tome AMERICAN LION which covers Andrew Jackson in the White House is taking me a long time to read. Personally I am finding it difficult to stay with this book, having trouble being very interested in details about Jackson’s cousin’s love interests, but time will tell if it is really vital to the work.

I have just completed Steve Forbes & John Prevas’ wonderful POWER AMBITION GLORY which covers “The stunning parallels between great leaders of the ancient world and today and the lessons you can learn”. I find this to be a very important book, especially for future business leaders to read. As a fan of history there is much to absorb and utilize from the parallels outlined.

I have been reading but have not yet finished THE TRUE STORY OF THE BILDERBERG GROUP by Daniel Estulin. This is a very interesting behind the scenes revelation of influences that are and have impacted governments and events of the world. I intend to write about this compelling and divisive group shortly. I am quite sure the results of the read will shock you and you will want to read this one yourself.

I’m just getting into Newt Gingrich and William R. Forstchen’s novel of George Washington and the fight for American freedom titled TO TRY MEN’S SOULS. After only four chapters I find their fictional approach to historical detail to be a rewarding read.

Lastly, be sure to get a copy of Vince Flynn’s newest Mitch Rapp CIA action adventure thriller PURSUIT OF HONOR. As always Rapp conquers all forms of violence and danger to achieve his goal of saving the good old USA. This book is also high on the best seller list.

Your Commander hopes you enjoy reading as much as he does. He is saddened that he did not recognize the joys and rewards of reading at a much earlier age. When you are young and chasing your dreams, time is spent reading many documents that involve your employment. Recreational reading is difficult when life, work, and family occupy much of your time. Your Commander feels most fortunate that he now has time in retirement to share his hobby of reading and the many worlds the home computer has to offer.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: