Sunday, November 22, 2009

EXTORTION RULES

I thought my most recent rant about the pending Health Care Bill would be the last one for a while, but after viewing this morning’s CBS “Face the Nation” program, I must comment further. I was shocked to learn that in the effort to bring forward the Senate’s proposed bill, the great all-knowing devious Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV), has agreed to insert a provision into the bill that would grant $300 million for Senator Mary Landrieu’s (D-LA) home state of Louisiana just to get her vote.

When I heard this on the program my blood pressure jumped sky-high and I even uttered some colorful language. I know full well that this kind of horse-trading goes on in the Halls of Congress all the time, but these people are getting out of control throwing our money around just to buy votes. If Landrieu wants money for her state, it should be a separately discussed piece of legislation. After all, $300 million is not chump change!

Clearly there are sufficient accurate polls that indicate that a clear majority of Americans want health care legislation, but a similar majority does not want the bills being proposed, plus voters want Washington to immediately start showing some financial responsibility.

My old ticker took another shock when that sanctimonious, deceptive, supercilious, smug Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) sat on the same program, and dismissed the action taken by Leader Reid as “just the way things work in Washington,” and this type of action is done all the time. That is just the problem that has got us near financial do-do, but those corrupt idiots in Congress continue to run amok with our money and jam self-serving legislation down our throats.

I am telling you there is a day of reckoning coming and it is coming soon. The actions of our Senate and House are nothing but pure unadulterated EXTORTION! What is the difference between Reid’s offer to Landrieu and “pay to play?”

The inmates are running the institution and we better do something about it damn soon. I, for one, am sick and tired of these self-serving politicians ramming legislation through that threatens the American way of life and directly serves their self-interests. We are experiencing pure and simple insanity before our eyes, and the American public is sitting on the sidelines letting Congress run wild with our present and future (no doubt rising) tax dollars. I think we have all lost our minds. Is our only salvation joining the entitlement crowd…not if I have one breath left in my body.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: