Thanks to information from my good friend TB, who lives in the beautiful low-country of South Carolina, I am revisiting the highly emotional subject of immigration. The reasons for the financial difficulties currently facing the State of California have been clearly stated by the Los Angeles Times.
1. 40%of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles Country are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County.)
Accepting the Los Angeles Times report as valid, it is also reported that less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
If you do not find this information to be shocking, disgusting, and troubling then there is something seriously wrong. No wonder California is financially bankrupt! The situation is not going to get better until something drastic is done about illegal immigration across our nation, and done quickly.
Our new leadership in Washington is trying to stuff more and more quick-fix legislation through Congress with liberal immigration part of their project to add millions of additional voters to the Democrat rolls. The proposals floating around by Senators Kennedy, Kerry, McCain, and President Obama are extremely dangerous to the security and future direction of our electoral process.
The obvious problems confronting California are similar in many other states only to a lesser degree, but equally destructive to our budget process. Why does the voting public permit our elected officials to stuff destructive policies and practices into pending legislation? Massive increases in our taxation will obviously result and when millions of illegal aliens are permitted to enter the voting booths, millions more illegal individuals will flood into our country to get on the welfare gravy train.
What concerns your Commander is the fact that the political leaders who are pushing massive immigration amnesty will never be influenced by the after effect because they are insolated by government perks and excessive retirement packages. We the average hard working individuals will be forced to a lower standard of living and be forced to pay the bill for people who have not earned the right to be citizens of the USA.
Repeating my earlier statements, I espouse legal immigration for people who want to work, live legal law-abiding lives, and support a democratic multi-party form of government. If individuals do not agree with those requirements, they can go somewhere else. America is currently experiencing the consequence of the big lies surrounding Obama’s persuasive and numerous calls for CHANGE AND TRANSPARENCY. President Obama reminds me of the Washington Senator who told me years ago, “Son, just because I said it doesn’t mean it is so.”
I have long wondered why we cannot see the upheaval loose immigration rules have caused Spain, France, England, and the Netherlands, but we continue letting immigration problems eat up our economy on a daily basis. We better stand-up quickly and be counted upon to object in massive numbers or we will be swamped even further by tax levels that will destroy our standard of living. What is it going to take before the citizens of this once great country wake-up?
California is broke now, but you will be too if Obama’s immigration plan becomes law. It is time for each of us to put on our Howard Beale hats, and open our windows, put our heads out, and yell at the top of our voices…I AM MAD AS HELL, AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!