Monday, June 29, 2009

ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION

As a proud, recognized “Old Fart” I have been around a long time. I have witnessed the behavior of our presidents from Franklin D. Roosevelt through our current leader, Barack Obama. I am certain that we will all agree that we have had some great leaders, some adequate political figures, and some very disappointing presidents during my time.

The question that I want to pose to you is the following: Do you remember any President in your life time that so frequently referred to his title i.e. President of the United States or Commander in Chief, as Barack Obama has since he assumed office?

You already know that President Obama is not my favorite, but let us move on from there. It seems that on a more frequent basis every time Obama steps before his teleprompter-aided podium he reminds his audience that he is the boss, I am the President or I am the Commander in Chief. I wonder why he needs to do this. Is he trying to brag, is he reminding himself of his achievement, is he arrogant or does he need the psychological boost to his ego?

Recently I read a very interesting article that admittedly supports my suspicions by a noted Israeli psychologist Dr. Sam Vakmin. He wrote “Malignant Self Love” and believes that Obama appears to be a narcissist. He suggests that Obama’s language, posture, demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest, dearest and nearest suggest that he is either a narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

If you are interested, I suggest you Google Dr. Sam Vakmin and read his extensive conclusions on this subject. I found the material to be most interesting and hope you do, too. In the interest of total fairness, I checked Snopes.com and found their position as “Mixed Attribution.” You may draw your own conclusion on this fascinating subject. If Dr. Vakmin is correct, we all are in for great difficulties and a challenging future.

COMMANDER GRANGER

No comments: